April 7, 2005

Xbox360 to be Unveiled on Monday, May 16

According to Chris Morris at CNN's Game Over, Microsoft will unveil the black and silver Xbox360 two days ahead of the official beginning of E3, Monday, May 16. Chris says a hard drive is still a possibility and that they are working hard on backwards compatibility which has been difficult due to a change in hardware vendors for the Xbox360. Knowing that Microsoft recently acquired Silicon Graphics patents, I believe they will be designing their own CPU this time around. I have heard that Microsoft is working on a CPU that decodes and executes instructions in Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL) while simultaneously being able to run x86 code. This would solve part of the backwards compatibility problem. Anyways, more to think about... but not for long. May 16.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

website design bathurst I've been looking everywhere for information on beach development north palm web

Home Site said...

What I hate about the whole change in video games Shane is the controllers.
Why does ever game now make me use the 2 joy sticks to move a person within the game.I just want to add my 2 cent to your blog this post. Anyway take care also visit my site xbox 360 game systems .Time to game on !!!

life is absurd